Brackendale is a beautiful period cottage located on the banks of the River Wye in the picturesque hamlet of Upperdale. Surrounded by the magnificent countryside of Monsal Dale, one of Derbyshire’s most stunning valleys and just a stone’s throw from the Monsal Trail, Brackendale Cottage is just three miles from the popular market town of Bakewell and six miles from Chatsworth House.
The two-bedroom cottage has been sympathetically converted from an 18th-century barn and tastefully furnished with a combination of antique and contemporary furniture. It is attached to its identical twin, Greenhills Cottage. Both cottages benefit from a large riverside garden (safe for children) with BBQ facilities, bicycle storage and garden furniture as well as private parking for two cars.
Why not enhance your stay with a visit to Chatsworth, with over 30 rooms, a farmyard and playground as well as 105 acres of gardens? Visit the website and purchase tickets by clicking here.
Please note that Chatsworth House is closed during the winter months, however you can take advantage of free parking on The Estate and explore the beautiful grounds, shops and restaurants, alongside miles of walking in breathtaking surroundings.
Chatsworth House is open for the annual Christmas exhibition from 7th November 2020 until 3rd January 2021 before closing for winter until March 2021 (Chatsworth House, Garden and Farmyard are closed on 24th, 25th, 26th December 2020 and 1st January 2021).
- "Perfect stay, lovely house, and a beautiful area. River and cows a bonus." - Esme and Emily, Sheffield
- "Came here to do nothing and loved it! Made it to the White Lion pub - very nice otherwise enjoyed the quiet and relaxation. Lovely cottage, everything we needed. Will come again!"- Simmonds, Oxfordshire
- "Three days of sunshine (in Feb!) Really nice cottage - the best we have stayed in. Everything you need is here."- Kay, Scotland
- "Had a wonderful relaxing break in this delightful cottage - well equipped, clean and nice little touches here and there. Would recommend to friends."- The Suffields, Hampshire
- "Our first stay at Brackendale which we have really enjoyed! A real find. Cottage has everything, we have enjoyed the Monsal Trail, Chatsworth etc."- Williamson, Staffordshire
- Well-equipped kitchen with washer/dryer and dishwasher
- Central Heating(Electric)
- Garden Furniture
- Large communal garden
- Off-road parking, two cars per cottage
- Welcome Pack
- Coffee Machine
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (subject to availability)
- 6 Miles from Chatsworth
- Linen and Towels