Ball Cross Farmhouse
Ball Cross Farmhouse dates back to 1688 and was once the heart of a working family farm. It has been completely renovated incorporating a wealth of period charm with a contemporary twist. Ball Cross Farmhouse is just a mile from the historic market town of Bakewell in the heart of the stunning Peak National Park and just two miles from the magnificent Chatsworth House, Gardens and Adventure Playground. The Farmhouse is ideally located to explore the beautiful scenery all around, with some great walking, cycling trails (including the fabulous Monsal Trail ideal for cycling with children) and bridleways close to the property.
Stepping inside you will find the large, well-equipped stone-flagged kitchen with seating for ten complete with Aga, coffee maker, hob, microwave, bread maker, large fridge freezer and dishwasher. Walk on through to the sumptuous lounge with its cosy wood burner, where you can snuggle up and watch your favourite movie on the Smart TV and relax after a day of exploring. There is also a second smaller lounge with another smart TV. Off the second lounge, you will find an easy access twin bedroom and a large bathroom/wet room with shower and WC. Heading up the cottage style stairs there are a further three bedrooms, the master with super king-size bed with a large adjoining bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower, the second bedroom with double bed and adjoining shower and WC and a family suite with a king-size bed leading through to an adjoining twin bedroom with en suite shower and WC.
Heading outside there is a large enclosed garden and patio with garden furniture and sheltered charcoal BBQ area. If you are bringing your bikes with you there is a large barn which is ideal bicycle storage. There is ample parking for up to four cars.
Why not enhance your stay with a visit to Chatsworth, with over 30 rooms, a farmyard and playground as well as 105 acres of gardens? Visit the website and purchase tickets by clicking here.
Please note that Chatsworth House is closed during the winter months, however you can take advantage of free parking on The Estate and explore the beautiful grounds, shops and restaurants, alongside miles of walking in breathtaking surroundings.
Chatsworth House is open for the annual Christmas exhibition from 7th November 2020 until 3rd January 2021 before closing for winter until March 2021 (Chatsworth House, Garden and Farmyard are closed on 24th, 25th, 26th December 2020 and 1st January 2021).
- "A beautiful place to spend a birthday weekend. Wonderful - The Aga is good fun." - Crook, Lancashire
- "A lovely farmhouse for our 25th wedding anniversary get together. Everything we needed and lovely hosts." - The Williams, Norfolk
- "Lovely property had a great time in spite of indifferent weather." - Andrews, Devon
- "A comfortable cottage, spotlessly clean with everything we needed for a lovely stay." - McLaughlin family, Aberdeen
- "A fabulous family get together in superb accommodation. We loved the farmhouse which provided us with a clean, comfortable house in a lovely setting and is somewhere we will visit again." - The Baileys, Northamptonshire
- "We have had a wonderful time at Ball Cross Farmhouse, celebrating a 50th birthday. This wonderful place has been ideal for our big family get together, thank you for a very memorable stay." - Watson, Derbyshire
- "Lovely accommodation and surroundings. From the two-year-old upwards- we all had a great time." - Stringers, Lincolnshire
- "Perfect accommodation and location for my surprise 70th birthday celebration. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable and family-friendly, thank you."- Platts, Derby
- "Absolutely wonderful for family party weekend for a 50th birthday. We all loved Ball Cross Farmhouse. Perfect in every way - we will be back! Thank you!"- Howells Family, North Yorkshire
- Washing machine/dryer
- Smart TV with free access to Netflix
- Welcome Pack
- Bread Maker with complimentary Bread Mix
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (subject to availability)
- Two Log Burners
- Linen and Towels
- Central Heating
- Off-road parking
- 2 Miles from Chatsworth
- Garden Furniture